Brewing great tea is simple if you begin with tasty water, good tea, and an open mind. Use these ratios and steep times as a starting point to explore how you like your tea! Wish it were stronger? Increase leaves or steep time. Too much for you? Reduce one or both!
- Heat water to 205°F
- Use 2g tea for an 8-12 oz mug. A strainer basket is great for mugs and lets the tea expand!
- Pour hot water over tea leaves, and let steep for 2 minutes.
- If using basket, remove and enjoy. Otherwise, strain into another mug and enjoy.
- Repeat to re-steep. Enjoy multiple rounds until the tea is too light for you.
- 5 grams of tea for roughly 3 oz/100 ml of water
- Pour 205°F water over tea leaves
- Steep for 10 seconds and strain
- Repeat 6+ times, adding 5 seconds per steep
- 8 grams of tea to a quart of cold water
- Pour both into a pitcher
- Leave in fridge overnight
- Strain and enjoy